The Impact of Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities
The Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities team walks with post-abortive people in their journey to find restoration with God, others, and themselves. We are grateful for the numerous stories we hear from participants about the healing that they experience. Here are some other facts about our outreach:
- Since 1999, we have offered 60 retreats, serving 603 participants and honoring 1,062 babies.
- In 2022, we are celebrating 23 years of service!
- Our participants include people from many backgrounds and abortion experiences:
- 83% are Catholic
- 12% are men
- 34% need financial assistance
- 27% of retreat attendees hear about us from family/friends, 23% from a church bulletin, 14% from an internet search, and 12% from a priest or pastor.
- In addition to our retreat site leader, we have 15 volunteer team members and 9 board members.
- An average of 40 volunteers assist with each retreat in the areas of prayer and preparation for the retreat.
- The program is an opportunity to examine your abortion experience, identify the ways that the loss has impacted you in the past and present, and helps to acknowledge any unresolved feelings that many individuals struggle with after abortion. Because of the emotional numbness and secrecy that often surrounds an abortion experience, conflicting emotions both during and after the event may remain unresolved. These buried feelings can surface later and may be symptoms of post abortion trauma.
- Married couples, mothers, fathers, grandparents and siblings of aborted children, as well as persons who have been involved in the abortion industry have come to Rachel’s Vineyard in search of peace and inner healing. The weekend is a lot of work but yields a fruitful harvest for all who are willing to labor there.